LOUISIANA PLAN - Route and schedule information
COMING TO CAMP: FOR THE JUNE & MAIN SESSIONS:
BATON ROUGE: The plan is to leave from Baton Rouge by approximately 7:30 PM the day before camp begins. Be a half hour early. We will meet at the same location as last year, in the area in front of the Subway 225-926-8855 (Used to be Cici's Pizza), 5220 Corporate Blvd in the Esplanade Shopping Center at the corner of Corporate and College. The motor Coach should be near the back.
MANDEVILLE/COVINGTON: We will stop in Mandeville at about 8:45 PM at the Holiday Square Shopping Center at I-12 and 190.
OTHER STOPS: If there are campers to board in another city along the way, we might be able to arrange that (You must contact us with a specific easy-on/easy-off exit and fool-proof instructions). The campers will stop for breakfast before arriving at camp the morning of opening day, probably around 8:30 AM.
CLOSING DAY - RETURNING HOME - Motor coach leaves camp for Louisiana at approx 7:30 AM
We find these motor coaches are somewhat unpredictable due to traffic, weather, meals, road construction, etc. The motor coaches can run later than the estimates. On departure day we put adjusted arrival time information here on this website (See red letter sample below) to make your pick-up easier.
ARRIVE HOME in COVINGTON/MANDEVILLE AT THE SAME LOCATION AS DEPARTURE - HOLIDAY SQUARE SHOPPING CENTER AT APPROXIMATELY 8:00 PM - Again, see this webpage for regular updates on arrival times.
ARRIVE HOME in BATON ROUGE AT THE SAME SUBWAY 225-926-8855 (used to be CiCi's Pizza, 5260 Corporate Blvd. (225) 201-0611 (in the Esplanade Mall) near the corner of Corporate Blvd & College.) PARKING LOT APPROXIMATELY 9:15 PM
Rules are on the BUS to CAMP Page.
Luggage information is on the BUS to CAMP Page.
Route: Rout may vary between going through Birmingham, Al or Montgomery, AL depending on riders' needs. This map only shows the potential Birmingham route.
DIRECTIONS to bus pick up and drop off locations:
BATON ROUGE - SUBWAY 225-926-8855 (used to be CiCi's Pizza) 5220 Corporate Blvd. (in the Esplanade Mall) near the corner of Corporate Blvd & College.)
MANDEVILLE - VIA I-12. Causeway/190 exit from 1-12 go North. The Holiday Square Shopping Center is on your immediate left.
MANDEVILLE - VIA NEW ORLEANS. Stay on 190, go beneath the I-12 overpass and enter the Holiday Square Shopping Center at your immediate left.
MAIN Session 2015 - BUS TRAVEL UPDATES
YOU MAY NEED TO HIT YOUR REFRESH BUTTON TO BE SURE YOUR SCREEN SHOWS THE LATEST UPDATE.!
1) The motor coach departed this morning at 7:38 AM Eastern Time. What an amazing session! We will miss the camp family a lot! What a family!
2) At 10:55 CDT (Central Daylight Time). They are stopped for lunch in Noonan, GA. ETA Covington, LA 6:30PM. BTR about an hour and 15 minutes more.
3) 12:35 CDT The group had lunch and then went ahead and fueled up... about a 1/2 hour project. They are about to enter Alabama. They are about 6 hours out from Covington. ETA Covington, LA 6:30PM. BTR about an hour and 15 minutes more.
4) 3:00 PM CDT - I-65, Mile Marker 156, Alabama. Changed Drivers, etc... ETA Covington, LA 7:00 PM. BTR about an hour and 15 minutes more.
5) 5:10 MM 18 near Mobile. They still need to change drivers. That's a good thing. ETA Covington, LA 7:10 PM. BTR about an hour and 15 minutes more.
Thank you for your trust and support! What a great and growing Main Session!!!! Thank you & thank you God.
Camps Kahdalea & Chosatonga
2500 Morgan Mill Road
Brevard, North Carolina 28712
© 2014 Camps Kahdalea / Chosatonga Crafted by Tenofour.media
Operations on National Forest System Lands are authorized under Special Use Permit by Pisgah National Forest