COMING TO CAMP:
FOR THE JUNE & MAIN SESSIONS:
BATON ROUGE: The plan is to leave from Baton Rouge by approximately 7:30 PM the day before camp begins. Be a half hour early. We will meet at the same location as last year, in the area in front of the Subway 225-926-8855 (Used to be Cici’s Pizza), 5220 Corporate Blvd in the Esplanade Shopping Center at the corner of Corporate and College. The motor Coach should be near the back.
MANDEVILLE/COVINGTON: We will stop in Mandeville at about 8:45 PM at the Holiday Square Shopping Center at I-12 and 190.
OTHER STOPS: If there are campers to board in another city along the way, we might be able to arrange that (You must contact us with a specific easy-on/easy-off exit and fool-proof instructions). The campers will stop for breakfast before arriving at camp the morning of opening day, probably around 8:30 AM.
CLOSING DAY – RETURNING HOME – Motor coach leaves camp for Louisiana at approx 7:30 AM
We find these motor coaches are somewhat unpredictable due to traffic, weather, meals, road construction, etc. The motor coaches can run later than the estimates. On departure day we put adjusted arrival time information here on this website (See red letter sample below) to make your pick-up easier.
ARRIVE HOME in COVINGTON/MANDEVILLE AT THE SAME LOCATION AS DEPARTURE – HOLIDAY SQUARE SHOPPING CENTER AT APPROXIMATELY 8:00 PM – Again, see this webpage for regular updates on arrival times.
ARRIVE HOME in BATON ROUGE AT THE SAME SUBWAY 225-926-8855 (used to be CiCi’s Pizza, 5260 Corporate Blvd. (225) 201-0611 (in the Esplanade Mall) near the corner of Corporate Blvd & College.) PARKING LOT APPROXIMATELY 9:15 PM
Rules are on the BUS to CAMP Page.
Luggage information is on the BUS to CAMP Page.
Route: Rout may vary between going through Birmingham, Al or Montgomery, AL depending on riders’ needs. This map only shows the potential Birmingham route.
DIRECTIONS to bus pick up and drop off locations:
BATON ROUGE – SUBWAY 225-926-8855 (used to be CiCi’s Pizza) 5220 Corporate Blvd. (in the Esplanade Mall) near the corner of Corporate Blvd & College.)
MANDEVILLE – VIA I-12. Causeway/190 exit from 1-12 go North. The Holiday Square Shopping Center is on your immediate left.
MANDEVILLE – VIA NEW ORLEANS. Stay on 190, go beneath the I-12 overpass and enter the Holiday Square Shopping Center at your immediate left.
June Session 2019 – BUS TRAVEL UPDATES
YOU MAY NEED TO HIT YOUR REFRESH BUTTON TO BE SURE YOUR SCREEN SHOWS THE LATEST UPDATE.!
All TIMES are CENTRAL TIME
- The motor coach departed this morning at 7:59 AM Eastern Time. The campers have had a great time. We send them home with a wealth of new experiences and perhaps some bug bites. We will miss them. They are tired and I expect a peaceful ride with some good napping. We will do more reports periodically.
- 1pm: Central they crossed over the Georgia/Alabama border.
- 3:40pm Central: The bus is at mile-marker 120 on I-65. It is about three and a half hours (3.5) from Covington but we are expecting about a 20 minute break to change drivers.
- UPDATE: ETA COVINGTON is now 7:55 pm. ETA: Baton Rouge 9:10 pm. The driver change went very quickly. We recommend that you arrive fifteen minutes early. Thank you!
- UPDATE: 7:55PM – Things are going smoothly!!! ETA Baton Rouge is 9:00 pm!!!