2022 – BUS TRAVEL UPDATES
All TIMES are CENTRAL TIME.
- August 3rd – Bus Departed at 6:20 am (CT). After enjoying some very heartfelt and sweet goodbyes, your campers are cozy on the bus and have hit the road! Our hope is that our bus will make its way through Atlanta late morning. More updates will be posted to this page as the day goes on!
- 8:35 am – All of our campers are safe and sound on their way towards Atlanta. The bus is on I-85 S a few miles north of Commerce, GA.
- 10:35 am – Our campers are driving through Atlanta! All is well and we’re making decent time on our way south!
- 12:40 pm – After a brief rest stop to refuel near Auburn, AL, your campers are now about 30 mins away from Montgomery, AL. They will likely be in Covington, LA, around 6 pm – 6:30 pm. More updates will come as they progress further south.
- 2:49 pm – The bus is just outside Wallace, AL, en route towards Mobile from Montgomery!
- 3:54 pm – The bus is passing through Mobile, AL. Your campers are roughly 2 hours from Covington, LA.
– The bus has crossed into Louisiana! They are passing through Slidell nearing Covington.
– The bus has arrived in Covington!
- Our campers are on their way to Baton Rouge after a successful Covington drop off!
COMING TO CAMP:
FOR THE JUNE & MAIN SESSIONS:
BATON ROUGE: The plan is to leave from Baton Rouge by approximately 7:30 PM the day before camp begins. Be a half hour early. We will meet at the same location as last year, in the area in front of the Subway 225-926-8855 (Used to be Cici’s Pizza), 5220 Corporate Blvd in the Esplanade Shopping Center at the corner of Corporate and College. The motor Coach should be near the back.
MANDEVILLE/COVINGTON: We will stop in Mandeville at about 8:45 PM at the Holiday Square Shopping Center at I-12 and 190.
**JUNE 2022**: We will have 2 buses coming to camp for opening day! The first will leave from Baton Rouge as normal, by approximately 7:30pm on the 4th (the day before camp begins) for a morning arrival at camp. The second will leave from Mandeville/Covington at 6am on the 5th (opening day of camp) for an evening arrival at camp. We plan for each bus to leave directly for camp from its pickup location.
OTHER STOPS: If there are campers to board in another city along the way, we might be able to arrange that (You must contact us with a specific easy-on/easy-off exit and fool-proof instructions).
CLOSING DAY – RETURNING HOME – Motor coach leaves camp for Louisiana at approx 7:30 AM
We find these motor coaches are somewhat unpredictable due to traffic, weather, meals, road construction, etc. The motor coaches can run later than the estimates. On departure day we put adjusted arrival time information here on this website (See red letter sample below) to make your pick-up easier.
ARRIVE HOME in COVINGTON/MANDEVILLE AT THE SAME LOCATION AS DEPARTURE – HOLIDAY SQUARE SHOPPING CENTER AT APPROXIMATELY 8:00 PM – Again, see this webpage for regular updates on arrival times.
ARRIVE HOME in BATON ROUGE AT THE SAME SUBWAY 225-926-8855 (used to be CiCi’s Pizza, 5260 Corporate Blvd. (225) 201-0611 (in the Esplanade Mall) near the corner of Corporate Blvd & College.) PARKING LOT APPROXIMATELY 9:15 PM
Rules are on the BUS to CAMP Page.
Luggage information is on the BUS to CAMP Page.
Route: Rout may vary between going through Birmingham, Al or Montgomery, AL depending on riders’ needs. This map only shows the potential Birmingham route.
DIRECTIONS to bus pick up and drop off locations:
BATON ROUGE – SUBWAY 225-926-8855 (used to be CiCi’s Pizza) 5220 Corporate Blvd. (in the Esplanade Mall) near the corner of Corporate Blvd & College.)
MANDEVILLE – VIA I-12. Causeway/190 exit from 1-12 go North. The Holiday Square Shopping Center is on your immediate left.
MANDEVILLE – VIA NEW ORLEANS. Stay on 190, go beneath the I-12 overpass and enter the Holiday Square Shopping Center at your immediate left.