2021 Clinic Information
Dear Awesome Counselor!
Preparation is extremely important. We are counting on YOU.
- Grab a book and READ IT. KNOW your activity, practice and prepare! (see tables below)
- PLAN to take a “THEM” clinic (see table below).
- Practice with an experienced person. We’ll try to help set this up for you… give us a call.
- Clinics (“THEM Clinics”): We train with both outside instruction as well as instruction provided from within our company.. by us. It’s very important and worthwhile to have some teaching by people outside of our organization. Below is a list of special clinic that are help by outside entities, “THEM Clinics” prior to our “IN-Camp US Clinics”. These are great opportunities and clinics. These will benefit you for many years. By the way, for your information, we encourage and are often happy to arrange cross-training for you in case you want to have a broader experience. Check with us.
- These clinics listed below are the best deals we’ve ever seen on workshops. Many business professionals use their annual vacation taking similar clinics at more than twice the cost. We get good deals… We then split the cost with you! *(We simply put your portion on your store page). Pan to take one of these clinics.
- Climbers need to attend the climbing clinic. Caver is fun and if you want to help in that department, you need to attend the caving clinic.
- Camp for staff (“US” Clinics): are SO MUCH FUN, crucial and required for first year staff. We make final activity assignments after these clinics, so your participation is very important. They are May 20th, 8:00 AM – 5-day clinics for Wilderness Riding, Mountain Biking, Rock Climbing, Canoeing and Arts & Crafts. PLAN TO ATTEND our In-Camp clinics if you want to be in these departments. As you know, these clinics are big-time fun! First year staff must attend. You’ll love it. These clinics are free.
- Wilderness First Aid: If you want to go into the woods on activity trips, plan to take Wilderness First Aid. We are offering WFA on a first come first served basis. It is normally $250 but we are sponsoring it for $10 (covers instructor transportation cost) this year, and the certification lasts for two years. Sign up NOW if you are or hope to be a trip leader. Out of camp staff Trip Leaders, and potential Trip Leaders get priority. If a lot sign up quickly, we might be able to tack on an extra instructor allowing more staff to take the course. CALL or E-MAIL the office NOW and sign up.
- If you have special circumstances, needs or confusion, call ANNE or David for help – (828)-884-6834
2021 “THEM” Clinics – Discounted for Our Staff.
|Class||Code||Public Cost||Your Cost*||Dates|
|Wilderness First Aid||CKC||$250||$10||5/28-29 Out of camp staff should plan on it. Great deal too!|
|Wilderness First Responder||LLI||$750||$430||5/11-18 Camp will reimburse 1/3rd of the cost for each summer you work!|
|CPR & First Aid||CKC||$30||FREE||5/29-30 Check Red Cross & search the web.|
|Overnight Horseback & Trail Riding Instructor||CC||$330||$165||5/18-20|
|ACA SWIFTWATER RESCUE||CKC||$350||$75-$150||5/20-22 HERE! Great cert & deal, too.|
|Rock Climbing Instructor Workshop||AMGA||$320||$60-$125||5/20-22 Here with Daniel Brothers, AMGA.|
|Wilderness Life Guard||LLI||$280||$60 Special||May 18-19|
|Lifeguard Training||RC||Check with your local Red Cross|
|OR Lifeguard Instructor Training||CBS||$350||Instructor||May 10-12|
|Caving Trip Leader Training||CC||$330||$100||5/20-21|
|Riflery Instructor||NRA||$250||$125||For a list of courses in your area contact the NRA Training at 703-267-1430 or check the NRA online! Contact Dave if you need another option. or Here by appointment|
|Level 1 Archery Instructor||CC||$105||$52.50||5/26|
|Mountain Biking Trip Leader Training||CC||$250||$125||5/24-26|
|Coaching the Van Driver||CC||$105||$52.50||5/25-26|
|CBS||$100||$50||6/2 – drive once during June 2-6|
|Tennis Instructor Course||CC||$85||$42.50||5/28|
|Fly Fishing Instructor||CC||$85||$42.50||5/26|
|CHA Certified Horsemanship Instructor||CBS||$700||5/20-25 Visit the CHA clinic page for more information.|
|Climbing: AMGA Single Pitch Instructor||FMG||Contact Dave for more information|
|AMGA Intermediate Climbing 201||FMG||Contact Dave for more information|
CALL or E-MAIL the office NOW and sign up. office”at”Kahdalea.com – 828-884-6834
* This is the special price for our staff only after discount and split. There is limited availability and you must get approval from the camp office first. These clinics may be limited based on the activity needs of the camps and the likelihood of where you might be placed. A few staff members only come for about one session. In these cases, add 50% to the “your cost”. It is your responsibility to attend any classes you sign up to take. You are responsible to know when and where your class is and to be there. You accept all costs for missing your class which includes our half.