Jan. 4-8, 2023!
The 2022 camp ski trip was a huge success and registration is open for 2023!! If you’re interested in joining us on Ski-K-C 2023 (and you should because it’s an AWESOME trip :), please fill out the application HERE. Space is limited and priority is given to current staff members. Families are welcome to apply!
Already registered and sent in your deposit? Fill out the required travel form for the Backpacker HERE!
STEAMBOAT GROUND PACKAGE
The Ski Trip is JAN 4-8, 2023 at STEAMBOAT SPRINGS, Colorado. Here are the details.
- 5 DAYS, 4 NIGHTS. Slopeside or Gondola accessible condos!
- 3 DAYS of LIFT TICKETS. Additional lift tix are $60 per day with a 5 day total cap.
- The price is $700 of which $250 is the deposit.
- If you have your own lift ticket or want to join us but not ski, we can deduct $227 from the price of your trip.
Submission of the deposit or full payment will make your reservation.
You are not signed up without a deposit. a $250 deposit is due for each participant by Sept 15th. When we’re full, that’s it.
To pay your deposit or in full, please call the camp office at (828)884-6834 to make a credit/debit payment or mail a check payable to Camp Kahdalea to
2500 Morgan Mill Rd
Brevard, NC 28712
Room availability will be TIGHT. SIGN UP NOW. In the past this trip has had around 60 camp folks attend. Super fun! Families are welcome too. Email email@example.com for details.
Steamboat is a terrific ski area. It is far enough from Denver that it is rarely crowded. There are tons of lifts and tons of trails. It’s been really great and a great place for families.
The condos have kitchens and there are grocery stores nearby or you can bring food. There are hot tubs, fireplaces etc.
You can arrange to add days and get a four or five day pass at a discount for ~$60 extra per day. Children 12 & under get special deals with Steamboat.
Rooming is somewhat “college or camp style” based on unit configuration (multiple bedrooms of various sizes). We can work with you to make sure we have satisfactory arrangements.
You can ask to arrange three in a four person room (or a larger room) if you wish for a little bit extra per person.
- Ski rentals are not covered in the cost of the trip and can be secured through the Backpacker form above or through the SkiHaus website.
- You have the option of getting a 6th night for just a little more person-full occupancy.
- This package is a ground package. Every participant is responsible for supplying their own transportation to/from Steamboat Springs. There are shuttles to and from the Denver airport and the local Hayden airport to Steamboat available. Check this website for more shuttle info.
- This is a Backpacker of Baton Rouge trip that our community has enjoyed for decades now. It is not officially a camp trip.
- Prices are based on maximum occupancy (4 beds in a 1 Bedroom or 6 beds in a 2 Bedroom, etc.). Check in at 4pm and check out 10am.
BALANCE DUE: Oct. 30th
OTHER DETAILS: Most information will be distributed by email. It’s your responsibility to keep your address up to date! Missed email can cause you to lose your spot and money.
After your commitment is turned in we will do what we can to help and try to get a full refund less a $50 charge. If we can not find a replacement you are expected to assume responsibility for the cost of the trip.
There is currently room, until we run out, for more to join us. It will be EPIC! Come and join us and also… think SNOW!
We will get you a release for the backpacker.
NOTICE: This is for those who are old enough to be responsible for themselves or for those who come accompanied by a parent or guardian. This trip is not run by the camp, it is a Backpacker of Baton Rouge trip. We are just signing up for this one.
NOTICE: The limiting factor will likely be availability of space. Lock in your spots. I will assign rooms based on first come first served. So send your fare or at least a $250 deposit and save a spot.